16 May [INTERVIEW SERIES] – What’s your exit strategy for your business? Steve Hanson takes us through why you should be thinking about this from Day 1
The internet is a wonderful thing bring connections closer together so easily. I recently met Steve Hanson from The Janitorial Store through a LinkedIn Group that he runs. Steve reached out to me and to find out more about what we were doing on this side of the ocean and we found we have a lot of things in common. I asked if Steve would be up for an interview and he was more than happy to share his thoughts with us.
In today’s interview Steve talks about how important it is to think about your exit strategy. One of his clients recently asked him, “When should I think about selling my company?” and Steve’s reply was, “You should think about it when you started it!” If you know what the end game is then it becomes a lot easier to understand what needs to be done to achieve that.
You can watch the full 30 minute video by clicking the image below.
Other topics covered in the interview:
- The difference between a systems reliance business and an owner reliant business
- How good employees are hard to find
- Why you should think about your on-boarding process not just for customers but for new staff too
- Why efficient businesses always win through systems and processes
- The competitive nature of the Cleaning Industry in the US and why that shouldn’t be different in the UK
- To quote Steve, “Why struggle, automate it”
It truly amazes me how Steve can be working with Cleaning Businesses from around the world and they still face the same challenges. Steve and the Best Minds team believe in a lot of the same principals and so if you want to find out more about how to avoid struggle and automate your marketing, then join us at our event on the 24th of May in Milton Keynes from 09:30 – 12:30. We’ll be sharing helpful tips on how to grow your automate your sales and marketing processes, which are similar strategies that Steve has used to grow his business and advise his clients on. We’d love to see you there so make sure you book now.