16 May [INTERVIEW SERIES] – Darran Discusses Positive Outcomes From Brexit & Special Offer For All Best Minds Event Attendees
In today’s interview I got the chance to speak to Darran Smith from Purple Rhino whilst he was on holiday with his family in Europe.
It’s always such a pleasure to speak to Darran as he has such a wealth of knowledge to share about the cleaning industry and what he is doing to grow his businesses, which are turning over around £1 million. Having been in the world of cleaning from the young age of 16, Darran is working on three different revenue streams all of which are performing very well.
In Darran’s opinion, it’s critical for cleaning business owners to define themselves either as Entrepreneurs or Technicians. This concept comes from an author called Michael Gerber who wrote the book “E-Myth Revisited” and Darran gives a good example of what cleaning business owners should be thinking about in relation to this concept.
It can be a challenge moving from a Technician role to an Entrepreneur role, as the thinking is different for each one. Darran discusses how Entrepreneurs need to work with partners or get a team around them to help achieve their goals because it’s a lot to juggle.
You can watch this 13 minute interview with Darran by clicking on the image below.
Other topics covered in the interview:
- Some unexpected positive outcomes from Brexit for the cleaning industry relating to REACH regulations
- The importance of using a system to manage you customer and marketing activity
- The benefits of capturing email addresses when doing any kind of ad campaigns
- The process Purple Rhino uses to capture leads and what information they then send them
- Where you should be directing your website traffic with your ad campaigns
- How Purple Rhino delivers relevant information to potential buyers
- How to build trust with your prospects
Finally, Darran has been very kind to offer any of our event attendees a 5% discount on any Softwash Systems purchased from Purple Rhino. This is only available for cleaning businesses who attend our event so if you have not yet bought your ticket, please check out our full event details here. It’s on the 24th of May in Milton Keynes from 09:30 – 12:30. We’ll be sharing helpful tips on how to grow your business and implement similar strategies that Darran has used to grow his business. We’d love to see you there so make sure you book now.